Being involved in a truck accident in the Beverly Hills area can be a devastating experience that leaves you facing medical bills, lost wages, and more. If your accident resulted from the negligence of a truck driver, trucking company, or other such party, you may file a claim to seek compensation for these losses/damages. At the Law Offices of Howard Craig Kornberg, a Beverly Hills truck accident attorney is prepared to discuss your legal options in greater detail.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills truck accidents may occur for several reasons. Common causes of such accidents include:
- Distracted driving (e.g. texting, eating, adjusting music)
- DUI/DWI (driving under the influence or driving while impaired)
- Reckless or aggressive driving (e.g. speeding, tailgating)
- Fatigue (e.g. driving while drowsy or exhausted)
- Weather conditions (e.g. rain, snow, fog)
- Poorly maintained roads or construction zones
- Vehicle malfunction or equipment failure
- Improperly loaded or secured cargo
- Limited visibility or blind spots
- Failure to obey traffic laws or signals.
Determining whether your accident resulted from negligence is one of the first steps you must take when seeking compensation. This highlights one of many reasons it’s smart to enlist the help of a Beverly Hills truck accident lawyer. While you focus on your recovery, they can investigate your accident and gather evidence of negligence.
Seeking Compensation After a Beverly Hills Truck Accident
Seeking compensation after a truck accident in Beverly Hills can be a complex process, but there are certain steps you can take to increase your chances of receiving the compensation you deserve. Here are some steps to consider:
- Seek medical attention: Your first priority after a truck accident should be to seek medical attention for any injuries you may have sustained. Make sure to keep all medical records and bills as evidence of your injuries.
- Report the accident: File a police report and report the accident to the trucking company and the truck driver’s insurance company as soon as possible.
- Gather evidence: Collect evidence such as photos of the scene, contact information of any witnesses, and the truck driver’s name, contact information and insurance information.
- Keep a journal: Document any symptoms, pain, or discomfort you may be experiencing, as well as any missed work or other disruptions to your life caused by the accident.
- Hire an attorney: Consider hiring an attorney who handles truck accidents in Beverly Hills. An attorney can help you navigate the legal process, advise you on your rights, and help you build a strong case for compensation.
- File a claim: Your attorney can help you file a claim for compensation with the truck driver’s insurance company. Your attorney will also be able to negotiate with the insurance company to help you get the best possible settlement.
- Consider a lawsuit: If the insurance company does not offer a fair settlement, or if the truck driver is uninsured, your Beverly Hills truck accident attorney may advise you to file a lawsuit.
Contact a Beverly Hills Truck Accident Attorney
At the Law Offices of Howard Craig Kornberg, you’ll find a Beverly Hill truck accident lawyer with the experience necessary to help you pursue the compensation for which you may be eligible. To learn more about what we can do for you, contact us online or call us at 310-474-5588.