Mass transit plays an important role in the daily lives of many Beverly Hills residents. Unfortunately, accidents involving trains, buses, and other forms of mass transit can and do happen.
Sometimes, they’re the result of negligence. You may thus be eligible to receive financial compensation if you’ve been harmed in such an accident because someone was careless.
Review your case with a Beverly Hills mass transit attorney at the Law Offices of Howard Craig Kornberg for more information. We’re prepared to help you pursue the compensation you deserve.
Types of Beverly Hills Mass Transit Accidents We Handle
Mass transit accidents come in several forms. They include (but aren’t necessarily limited to) the following:
- Collisions between buses/trains/trolleys and motor vehicles
- School bus accidents, which can result in injury to young children
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall accidents and similar premises liability accidents at rail platforms and other such properties
- Wrongful death cases
If you’re not sure whether you have a valid case, it’s best to schedule a consultation at a Beverly Hills mass transit accident law firm. Our team will review the circumstances of your accident and inform you of your legal options.
Seeking Compensation After a Mass Transit Accident in Beverly Hills
You may be left facing numerous economic and non-economic struggles in the aftermath of a mass transit accident. Examples include:
- Bills for medical treatment
- Lost wages, as you might not be able to work until you recover from your injuries
- Pain and suffering and other such losses that don’t have objective dollar values
You may seek compensation for your losses by filing an insurance claim or lawsuit. This is an option if your accident resulted from someone’s negligence.
A negligent party can cause a Beverly Hills mass transit accident due to:
- Bus/train/trolley operator error
- Lack of proper vehicle maintenance
- Unsafe vehicle design
Those are just a few examples. Again, a qualified Beverly Hills mass transit accident lawyer can help you better understand whether negligence played a role in your accident.
How a Beverly Hills Mass Transit Accident Lawyer Can Help
Determining if your accident resulted from another party’s actions or negligence is one of many ways a Beverly Hills mass transit accident attorney can assist you. They can also improve your chances of receiving the compensation for which you may be eligible by:
- Conducting an investigation to gather evidence of negligence
- Adding up your economic losses and (if necessary) estimating a potential dollar value for your non-economic losses (like pain and suffering) to determine your claim’s potential value
- Filing your claim with the insurance company while you focus on your recovery
- Entering into negotiations if the insurance company’s settlement offers are unreasonable
At the Law Offices of Howard Craig Kornberg, we understand that being harmed in a mass transit accident can have a significant impact on both your finances and your quality of life. While we can’t go back in time to prevent your accident from happening, we can help you pursue compensation to hold the negligent parties who caused your accident accountable. Learn more by contacting us online or calling us at 310-474-5588 for a free consultation.