When Los Angeles spinal cord injury attorneys research a case, there is a lot of information that needs to be uncovered before the lawsuit can be filed. Much of this information revolves around the medical prognosis of the client and how the severity of his injuries will affect him throughout the rest of his life. Some common questions the lawyer will probably want to be answered involve:
- Whether the client needs to see an orthopedist or neurosurgeon
- Details on how the accident occurred and whether or not another person should be held responsible
- Whether the lumbar spine damage leaves the patient with mild, moderate, or severe pain, a paraplegic, or with other motor or cognitive impairments
- Whether the patient requires extensive rehabilitation or long-term care in a nursing home facility
- Whether the patient’s trauma requires him to have constant care, either by family members or nursing staff
- Whether the patient will be disabled or lose time from work
- Whether the client’s injuries can be proven to be related to this accident and are not a pre-existing condition
An Experienced Los Angeles Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer
In California, lawyers frequently see lumbar spine damage that was a result of motor vehicle collisions, fall accidents, and acts of violence. The lumbar spine, located in the lower back, can become sprained or fractured in one of these accidents, causing extreme discomfort and possible paralysis. In the case of paralysis, the patient will only lose motor and sensory function below the break. Nerve pathways above the break should continue to work normally.
Howard C. Kornberg is AV-rated* by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating given to attorneys for legal trial skills and ethical standards. He is a Top 100 Trial Lawyer in California and a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates.
Spinal cord attorneys have backgrounds in personal injury law, making them well versed in torts. In Southern California and in Inglewood, Howard C. Kornberg has been fighting on behalf of individuals who’ve experienced moderate-to-severe spinal cord damage. Depending on the severity of the condition, he fights to achieve the largest financial compensation the law allows. To arrange a free consultation with a premier Los Angeles personal injury law firm, call 310-997-0904 or send us an email now.
Find out more about Spine Injuries
*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general practice standards.