Injuring your spine can result in long-term difficulties. Although no one can change the past if you have already sustained a major spine injury, you should understand that you may at least be able to recover financial compensation for your medical bills and other such losses.
Review your case with the Beverly Hills spine injury attorney at the Law Offices of Howard Craig Kornberg to learn more about your legal options. We will explain whether you have grounds to seek compensation by filing a claim or lawsuit. If we believe you have a strong case, we are also prepared to offer the aggressive representation you deserve.
COMMON CAUSES OF BEVERLY HILLS SPINE INJURIES
Potential causes of spine injuries are wide-ranging. They include (but are not necessarily limited to) the following:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Acts of violence
- Workplace accidents
- Medical mistakes
- Sports accidents
BEVERLY HILLS SPINE INJURY CASES: POTENTIAL LIFELONG CONSEQUENCES
Sustaining even a minor spine injury will always result in the need for medical care. You may not be prepared to pay for your treatment because you did not expect to be injured in this capacity. Unfortunately, a spine injury will almost certainly interfere with your ability to work. You will therefore be unable to earn an income until you make a full recovery, making it even more difficult to cover your bills.
It’s not uncommon for spine injuries to permanently impact the quality of a victim’s life. This can happen if a spine injury causes paralysis or significant loss of mobility. Challenges a victim may face in these circumstances include:
- Inability to work
- Expenses related to lifelong care
- Inability to participate in activities one once enjoyed
- General loss of enjoyment of life
- Inability to provide for loved ones
- Difficulty maintaining intimate relationships
HOW A BEVERLY HILLS SPINE INJURY ATTORNEY HELPS
You might be able to seek financial compensation for your losses and damages resulting from a spine injury if any of the following apply:
- You were injured as a result of someone’s malicious actions
- You were injured in an accident caused by another party’s negligence
- Your accident occurred while you were operating within the scope of your employment
If you were injured because another party was negligent or malicious, you can seek compensation by filing a claim to collect from their insurance. Another option if they are uninsured or if their insurance carrier will not offer a proper settlement is to file a lawsuit and pursue damages in court.
If the accident which caused your spine injuries occurred in the workplace, you can seek compensation by filing a claim for workers’ compensation benefits. California law requires essentially all employers to purchase workers’ compensation insurance.
Strongly consider enlisting the help of qualified legal professionals before filing a claim. The experts at our Beverly Hills spine injury law firm can assist you by:
- Investigating your accident to either gather evidence of negligence or prove that your accident was legitimately work-related
- Accounting for past, current, and future losses/damages to estimate how much compensation you may be eligible to recover
- Filing a claim and handling all other administrative tasks your case involves while you focus on your recovery
- Rejecting an insurance companies unfair settlement offers and negotiating for an appropriate settlement on your behalf
CONTACT A BEVERLY HILLS SPINE INJURY ATTORNEY
Adjusting to life after sustaining a serious spine injury can be challenging. At the Law Offices of Howard Craig Kornberg, a dedicated and compassionate Beverly Hills spine injury attorney will strive to ease your burdens by helping you pursue the compensation you deserve. Get started today by contacting us online or calling us at 310-474-5588 for a free consultation.