Sustaining a burn injury can have a devastating impact on your life. That said, if this has happened to you, you might be able to recover financial compensation for your medical bills and other such losses resulting from your injury.
Review your case with a Beverly Hills burn injury attorney at the Law Offices of Howard Craig Kornberg for more information. We will let you know whether your case has merit, and we will offer effective representation if we decide to work together.
COMMON CAUSES OF BURN INJURIES IN BEVERLY HILLS
A person can sustain burn injuries in a number of ways. Common types of burn injury cases include (but are not necessarily limited to) the following:
- House fires
- Propane fires, which may be the result of defective propane tanks
- Electrical fires linked to defective products
- Dangerous toys causing children to sustain burns
- Exposure to hot liquids
- Chemical burns, which sometimes are the result of improperly tested cosmetic products
BEVERLY HILLS BURN INJURIES: DEGREES OF SEVERITY
Burn injuries are often classified into categories based on their severity. These categories include:
- First-degree burns: This is a minor type of burn which only affects the outermost layer of a victim’s skin. A first-degree burn will usually cause skin redness and minimal inflammation.
- Second-degree burns: Skin can blister and become quite sore when a victim sustains a second-degree burn. Though these types of burns often heal within a few weeks, they may still require some degree of medical treatment.
- Third-degree burns: Although third-degree burns are severe, ironically, they sometimes do not cause significant or long-lasting pain because they burn through a victim’s nerves. However, such burns can be life-threatening, and recovering from them is often an arduous process.
- Fourth-degree burns: A fourth-degree burn occurs when a burn has extended beyond all layers of the skin and has potentially reached muscle, bone, and other underlying tissue.
HOW A BEVERLY HILLS BURN INJURY LAW FIRM CAN HELP
Victims who sustained serious burn injuries can face a range of consequences and difficulties. Examples include:
- Medical bills, potentially including bills for lifelong care
- Loss of earning potential
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Inability to tend to one’s own daily needs
- Inability to provide income or services to loved ones
Adjusting to life when facing such struggles can be quite challenging. However, victims in these circumstances should at least know that they may be able to recover financial compensation for their losses and damages.
This is an option if a victim sustained burn injuries due to another party’s negligence or as a result of a workplace accident. Victims can seek the compensation they deserve by filing a claim to collect workers’ compensation benefits or by filing a claim to recover compensation from the insurance of the careless party who caused their injuries.
Those who take action to secure compensation are more likely to recover the full amount they are owed when they have legal representation. Our Beverly Hills burn injuries lawyer can assist you by:
- Investigating your accident to gather evidence of negligence
- Calculating how much compensation you may deserve based on the severity of your losses
- Filing a claim
- Negotiating with the insurance company
CONTACT A BEVERLY HILLS BURN INJURIES ATTORNEY
Don’t let an insurance company take advantage of you by unfairly denying your claim or convincing you to settle for less than your claim is worth. A Beverly Hills burn injuries attorney at the Law Offices of Howard Craig Kornberg can help you optimize your chances of arriving at a fair settlement. Get started today by contacting us online or calling us at 310-474-5588 for a free consultation.