Rear-end accidents are among the most common types of motor vehicle accidents in Beverly Hills. If you’ve been injured in such an accident because another party was negligent, you may be eligible for financial compensation. Discuss your case with a Beverly Hills rear-end accident attorney at the Law Offices of Howard Kornberg for more information.
How Common Are Rear End Accidents in Beverly Hills?
Rear-end collisions are a common type of accident in California and across the United States. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), rear-end collisions account for approximately 29% of all police-reported crashes in the United States. In California, the numbers are similar, California Highway Patrol (CHP) statistics indicate that rear-end collisions are among the most frequent types of accidents on California roads. The National Safety Council (NSC) states that rear-end collisions are the leading cause of whiplash injuries, which is a common injury in this type of accident.
There are several factors that contribute to the high frequency of rear-end collisions in California. One of the main causes is distracted driving, such as using a cell phone or other electronic device while driving, which can cause drivers to take their eyes off the road for critical moments. Another major cause is tailgating, which is when a driver follows too closely behind the vehicle in front of them. This can lead to a lack of time to react if the lead vehicle suddenly stops or slows down. Additionally, poor road conditions, such as wet or icy roads, can also contribute to rear-end collisions.
What Are the Potential Consequences of a Beverly Hills Rear End Accident?
Being involved in a rear-end collision can have serious consequences for both the driver and passengers involved. Examples include:
- Injuries: Rear-end collisions can cause a wide range of injuries, from minor cuts and bruises to more serious injuries such as whiplash, broken bones, head injuries, and spinal cord injuries. Some of these injuries may be temporary, while others may be permanent and debilitating.
- Property damage: Rear-end collisions can also result in significant damage to vehicles, which can be costly to repair or replace.
- Insurance costs: The cost of insurance can increase after a rear-end collision, as insurance companies may consider the driver at-fault for the accident.
- Loss of income: Injuries sustained in a rear-end collision may prevent a person from working, resulting in lost income.
- Emotional trauma: Being involved in a rear-end collision can be a traumatic experience and can cause emotional distress, anxiety, depression and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
How a Beverly Hills Rear End Accident Lawyer Helps
California is an at-fault state. This means if you’re involved in a car accident resulting from the negligence of another party, you can seek compensation for your losses/damages by filing a claim with the negligent party’s insurance. In some instances, filing a lawsuit to pursue damages in court is also an option to consider.
It’s helpful to have legal representation in these circumstances. An attorney can boost your odds of winning a case by:
- Identifying the negligent parties
- Gathering evidence of negligence
- Calculating your claim’s approximate value
- Negotiating with the insurance company for a fair settlement
At the Law Offices of Howard Kornberg, a Beverly Hills rear end accident attorney is on hand to provide the representation you deserve now. Learn more about how we can help by contacting us online or calling us at 310-474-5588.