Some of the worst personal injury cases seen by Inglewood lawyers tend to result from motorcycle accidents. Riding a motorcycle can feel incredibly freeing, as it enables you to appreciate the picturesque Californian scenery to an extent that is not possible when you are contained within a car or other vehicle. Of course, being closer to your surroundings also means that you lack the protection offered by a vehicle, should you become involved in an accident. Even when you are an extremely careful and law-abiding biker, making sure to wear an approved helmet and appropriate clothing every time you mount your motorcycle, it only takes one reckless or negligent driver drifting into your lane or paying absolutely no attention to your presence, to leave you seriously injured.
When an intoxicated, speeding, or otherwise reckless motorist has caused you to sustain serious injuries, an Inglewood motorcycle accident attorney from the Law Offices of Howard Kornberg will dedicate their legal experience and knowledge to protecting your legal rights. Our expert lawyers can also assist when you have lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident.
What You Should Know About Motorcycle Accidents in Inglewood, Los Angeles County
According to statistics published by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), a motorcycle is defined as “two- or three-wheeled motorcycles, off-road motorcycles, mopeds, scooters, mini bikes, and pocket bikes. The most recent of these NHTSA statistics, relating to accidents and incidents which happened in Los Angeles County and throughout the United States in 2016, include the following:
- 5,286 motorcyclists across the United States were killed in accidents, representing a 5% increase when compared to 2015
- Per miles traveled, a motorcyclist is 2,800% more likely to be fatally injured than a car occupant
- 27% of these fatalities involved a motorcyclist riding without a valid license
- Motorcyclists are affected by DUI-related accidents more than any other type of road user
- 94% of motorcyclists killed in fatal accidents were driving, with the remaining 6% being passengers
- 93% of fatal motorcycle accidents involve two-wheeled motorcycles
- In 2016 alone, 529 motorcyclists were killed in California, although this was slightly lower than in previous years
How Can a Motorcycle Accident Attorney Help Me?
Only a knowledgeable and esteemed motorcycle accident attorney has the expertise required to recover the maximum compensation available to you when your life has been dramatically, and negatively, changed by the negligence or reckless driving of another motorist. By allowing our lawyers to shoulder the burden of pursuing a fair settlement on your behalf, you can take the time you need to rest, recover from your injuries, and move on with your life.
When you hire a lawyer from the Law Offices of Howard Kornberg, you can rest assured that we will leave no stone unturned while investigating the negligent or reckless behavior of the responsible motorist, holding them fully accountable for the consequences of their actions. To discuss how we could help you, schedule your free initial consultation by calling us today at 310-997-0904.