Inglewood Personal Injury Attorney

We know that the last thing you think about each day is what will happen to you and your family if you get injured. Unfortunately, we know that people face many risks when they leave home each day. Whether on the roadways or at work, there is a chance they will get hurt.

Do you know what to do if someone else’s negligence causes you harm?

If you need a personal injury lawyer, you can count on the Law Offices of Howard Craig Kornberg to be by your side. Our team will work to ensure that you get the compensation you need.

What Are Personal Injuries?

In the aftermath of an accident, you can be put in a tough situation. Insurance companies may be pressuring you to settle, but is that the right thing to do?

What if you cannot pay your household bills because of missed work?

We understand the frustrations that come along with accidents. Today, we want to go over some of the common ways we see personal injuries arise.

Please note: this is not a complete list and you should always seek qualified legal assistance before making a decision.

Work accidents: Employers have a duty to ensure their employees have a safe working environment. This includes providing all required safety gear and ensuring their premises are well-maintained.

Vehicle accidents: There were nearly 12,000 serious injuries as a result of vehicle accidents during California’s latest reporting year. These accidents are often caused by negligent driving behavior such as drunk driving, texting, driving, or speeding.

Pedestrian accidents and bicycle accidents: There were over 14,000 pedestrian accidents and nearly 12,000 bicycle accidents in California’s latest reporting year. Like vehicle accidents, many of these are caused by careless or reckless drivers. Poor road maintenance by government authorities can also cause injuries.

Premises injuries: Any time you go onto someone else’s property, they should alert you to any hazards present. The most common premises injuries occur due to slip and fall accidents.

Faulty products: Faulty products go beyond the vehicle fires you see on the news. Thousands of products a year are recalled. They include foods, medicines, cosmetics, appliances, toys, and more.

Medical mistakes: We know that medical mistakes are the third leading cause of death in the US. Negligent healthcare professionals make mistakes at alarming rates.

Mass Torts: Manufacturers of drugs and medical devices are responsible for damages caused by their defective products.

Animal attacks: if you are attacked by a dog or other pet, which causes injury, you are entitled to take legal action. There are millions of people who are attacked by dogs each year, with the majority of those cases requiring medical attention.

What to do After an Accident

After you are injured as a result of another person’s negligence driving or wrongful product there are a few things you need to do. You will need to get medical attention immediately following the accident; this not only shows there is a direct link between the accident and your injuries but also ensures that you are being treated for your injuries immediately. When you begin to see your regular physician, you must ensure that they document your injuries properly.

If possible and safe, you should try to collect as much evidence as possible such as witness statements, photos, and videos of the scene. You should not talk to your insurance company or the other party’s insurance company without first speaking with an Inglewood personal injury attorney. This is the most crucial thing you should do, so be sure to call our office at 310-997-0904.

Injuries After an Accident

Even if you have no visible injuries, if you are in pain you could have accident significant injuries that can be sustained without any visible injuries. Some of the most common types of injuries we see in personal injury cases include:

  • Spinal cord trauma
  • Back injuries
  • Neck injuries
  • Broken bones
  • Traumatic brain injuries
  • Contusions
  • Herniated discs
  • Loss of limb
  • Internal organ injuries

This is not an exhaustive list and is only meant to give you an idea of the kinds of injuries that are typically sustained after an accident. You should seek medical attention and legal counsel to determine your best course of action. Do not hesitate to contact the Law Offices of Howard Craig Kornberg after being involved in an accident. Call us today at 310-997-0904 for a free consultation.

Types of Compensation for Personal Injury Cases

With years of experience handling personal injury cases, we have been able to recover compensation for the following for our clients:

  • Lost income if you are unable to work
  • Out-of-pocket expenses
  • Pain and suffering
  • Property damages
  • Emotional distress
  • Loss of consortium
  • Loss of enjoyment of life damages
  • Possible punitive damages when gross malicious conduct was involved
  • Past and future medical expenses related to the accident

You will need to discuss your case with an experienced Inglewood personal injury attorney to get a clear picture of what damages you may be entitled to receive.


What You Can Do Now

If you or a loved one have been injured due to the negligence of another person, we advise you to seek legal assistance as soon as possible. At the Law Offices of Howard Craig Kornberg, you can count on our qualified and experienced legal team to help you get the compensation you need for all of your accident-related expenses.

You may be wondering how much it will cost to hire an Inglewood personal injury attorney. At the Law Offices of Howard Craig Kornberg, we work on a contingency fee basis, which means we do not get paid upfront. We only get paid when we win your case. If we do not win your case, we will not charge you any attorney fees for our services.

We know that medical bills will begin piling up. We also know that you may need help with household bills if your injuries keep you from working. Let us get to work for you when you need an Inglewood personal injury attorney. You can contact us by clicking here or calling 310-997-0904 for a free consultation.