You buy the insurance and are paying huge amounts of money to your insurance company for a reason. And that reason is to be able to recover your damages in case of an accident.
Sadly but true, insurance companies are not on your side. Here at the Law Offices of Howard Craig Kornberg, we compare insurers to villains who pretend to be on people’s side but aren’t.
Insurance companies are preying on innocent and vulnerable Riverside residents, and refuse to help them at times when they desperately need that help.
Despite many people thinking that little can be done to prevent insurance companies from engaging in unfair practices that violate the laws of Fair Claims Settlement Practices Regulations, you can actually hold your insurer accountable for refusing to recover your damages or trying to stall for time to reduce the amount of your claim.
These and many other illicit practices on the part of insurance companies violate federal and state laws in Riverside. Don’t let your insurer get away with unfair insurance claim practices. Obtain your compensation today by contacting Riverside unfair insurance claims attorney Howard Craig Kornberg.
What are unfair insurance claim practices in Riverside?
Here at the Law Offices of Howard Craig Kornberg, we have taken on big insurance companies time and time again. Our best unfair insurance claims attorneys adopt an aggressive approach when it comes to pursuing legal action against insurers that wrongfully deny your claim or misrepresent facts in your insurance claim.
Laws require insurance companies to treat you fairly when you’re requesting compensation for your injuries and damages. You can hold an insurer liable for breach of agreement in case of any of the following unfair insurance claims practices:
Misrepresentation or alteration
- Misrepresenting facts or policy provisions in your insurance claim;
- Altering policy provisions in the contract without your permission (and then settling a claim based on the altered contract);
- Offering you less than you expected when signing the contract with your insurer.
- Not reviewing or responding to your insurance claim in a timely manner;
- After finishing its insurance claim investigation, not notifying you of its final decision on coverage;
- Not giving you a speedy response on why coverage was denied;
- Failing to offer a compromise settlement within a reasonable amount of time;
- Not sending you a claim form that you would use to file a claim despite your requests.
Unfair requirements or investigation
- Failing to carry out a fair investigation of your claim to evaluate your coverage;
- Delaying investigation by requesting an unreasonable amount of proof.
These and other instances of unfair insurance claims practices violate federal and state laws in Riverside and elsewhere in California. If your insurer is guilty of any of the above-mentioned, consult a Riverside unfair insurance claims attorney to find out your best strategy for getting the compensation that you need.
Depending on the circumstances of your particular claim, a statute of limitations may apply, which would reduce or eliminate your chances of suing the insurance company for unfair insurance claim practices.
Seek the legal advice of an experienced unfair insurance claims attorney as soon as possible if you suspect that your insurer has engaged in illicit and unfair insurance claim practices.