We know that the last thing you ever expected to be dealing with was an injury to a loved one or yourself that would cause significant harm. However, if you need a catastrophic injury lawyer, you can count on the Law Offices of Howard Kornberg to be by your side. We will stop at nothing to get the compensation you deserve if your injury was caused due to the careless or negligent actions of another person. Let us get to work on your behalf today.
HOW DO THESE INJURIES HAPPEN?
There is a wide variety of ways that severe injuries occur. Some of the most common ways in which we see catastrophic injuries occur include:
- Vehicle crashes
- Pedestrian and bicycle crashes
- Falls from height
- Sports incidents
- Defective products
- Workplace incidents
- Medical mistakes
There are certainly other ways, and this is not an exhaustive list. It is not uncommon for us to see the following types of injuries:
- Spine or spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Skull or spinal fractures
- The loss of a limb
- Internal organ damage or failure
Each of these injuries has the ability to completely alter a person’s life. From their ability to work to how they go about their daily lives, catastrophic injuries are life-altering events.
AND THEY COME WITH ENORMOUS COSTS TO THE VICTIMS.
- $359,000 to over $1.1 million. That is the cost of first-year medical care for a spinal cord injury according to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center.
- Around 185,000 lost a limb each year in the United States.
- There are around 2.53 million traumatic brain injuries treated in the US each year, according to the CDC.
Those who sustain catastrophic injuries are 30% more likely than anyone else to end up in the hospital each year following their injury with complications related to the injury.
What many people fail to think about, and what insurance companies do not like to talk about are the hidden costs of these injuries. This can include things like lost income and loss of future earning capacity that can significantly harm a victim and their family financially. Nor do many people consider the emotional and psychological implications of injuries that can alter a person’s mobility and cognitive functions.
TAKING THE NEXT STEPS FROM HERE
Even though it may feel like you have no options right now, that is not the case. If the careless or negligent actions of another person have caused you or someone you love harm, the Law Offices of Howard Kornberg are ready to help. Our qualified and experienced team is going to investigate what happened and work to secure the compensation you need right now. This can include:
- Compensation for your medical bills
- Lost wages and benefits if you cannot work
- Coverage for future lost wages
- General household expenses
- Pain and suffering damages
- Possible punitive damages against a negligent party