If you prefer to avoid adding another gas-guzzling motor vehicle to the already busy roads of Santa Ana and surrounding areas, you may choose a bicycle as your mode of transport for commuting, shopping, and generally going about your daily business. Cycling offers the additional benefit of being an excellent way to keep fit and is also considerably more affordable than traveling either by car or by public transit. However, there are downsides to everything, and cycling’s downsides can be catastrophic. Should you be struck by a vehicle while cycling you are likely to sustain devastating, or even fatal, injuries.
The bicycle crash lawyers at the Law Offices of Howard Kornberg are committed to fighting for the legal rights of accident victims, shouldering some of the burdens at a time of intense turmoil. An attorney with the benefit of 35 years experience of in successfully handling personal injury lawsuits can provide the guidance, support, and legal representation you need.
Common Injuries Sustained in Santa Ana Bicycle Accidents
As cyclists are incredibly vulnerable in traffic accidents, some of the injuries sustained can be horrific. If you have been affected, our bicycle accident lawyers could help you recover the full amount of compensation you are entitled to. When you have lost a loved one in a fatal Santa Ana bicycle accident, we could provide the legal representation required for a successful wrongful death lawsuit.
Some of the most common types of injury tending to result from bicycle accidents include:
- Broken or fractured bones, including arms, legs, ribs, pelvis, facial bones, and fractured skulls. Each of these is likely to require a long and painful recovery process, potentially involving rehabilitative physical therapy were particularly severe
- Chest and abdominal injuries, such as road rash and more serious, long-lasting chest and organ damage
- Traumatic brain injuries are likely to be one of the worst possible outcomes from a Santa Ana bicycle accident
- Fatalities, which are far too common when cyclists are struck by negligent or reckless motorists
Did you know that there were 147 cyclist fatalities in California in 2016, with 8 of these occurring within Orange County?
Ask Your Attorney: What Causes Bicycle Accidents in Santa Ana?
Bicycle accidents have similar common causes to the other types of traffic accidents occurring in Santa Ana and the surrounding areas, with the main difference being the potential severity of the consequences. Some of the common contributing factors across the cases we have successfully handled include:
- Motorists failing to yield the right of way to a cyclist
- Improper left turns without carrying out appropriate observations
- Open doors striking passing cyclists
- Driving at excessive speeds
- Tailgating, and failure to allow cyclists enough space
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Driving in a manner inappropriate for road or weather conditions
Consult with an Expert Santa Ana Lawyer Today
If you have been injured in any type of Santa Ana bicycle accident, you deserve nothing less than the best legal representation. To schedule your free initial consultation with an outstanding attorney, call us today at 310-997-0904.