While most of us will slip or trip and fall countless times over the course of a lifetime, particularly when very young, sometimes these seemingly minor accidents can have major consequences. Falling can inflict severe head injuries, traumatic brain injury, broken bones, and even wrongful death on victims, and can happen in any location. Owners of properties in Santa Ana and elsewhere in California are legally obligated to ensure that their premises are kept free of any potentially hazardous or dangerous conditions, which may lead to a visitor suffering a slip and fall accident.
Where this obligation has not been met, causing you or a loved one to be seriously or even fatally injured, a slip and fall lawyer from the Law Offices of Howard Kornberg pledges to focus the full extent of our legal experience on recovering the compensation you are eligible to pursue.
Common Types of Santa Ana Slip and Fall Accident
If a hazardous or dangerous condition on somebody else’s residential or commercial property led to you sustaining injuries in a slip and fall accident, the property owner could be guilty of negligence and, therefore, liable to pay you compensation in respect of your injuries, medical expenses, loss of earnings and other associated costs. A slip and fall accident can happen in countless ways, with some of the most common scenarios litigated by our attorneys including the following:
- Injuries caused by any dangerous conditions on the property
- Slip and fall on a floor that is wet from a roof leak
- Falling accidents involving tripping over uneven sidewalks in front of strip malls
- Trip and fall over pipes sticking out of the floor in a grocery store
- Slip and fall on surfaces that were freshly waxed or washed and no warning signs were posted
- Slip and fall on ice or snow which was not cleared promptly
- Trip and fall on a poorly maintained staircase
- Trip and fall due to loosened or otherwise damaged carpeting or other floorings
This list is by no means exhaustive, and you are advised to contact our Santa Ana slip and fall attorneys as soon as possible if you feel you may be entitled to claim compensation. There is a strict legal deadline imposed on personal injury claims and, once this has expired, you will no longer be permitted to recover damages.
How Can a Santa Ana Slip and Fall Attorney Help Me?
The most important task your lawyer will have is proving liability for your slip and fall accident. Although you may be certain that a hazard has caused your injuries, we must prove definitively that:
- The property owner created a dangerous condition
- The owner knew the hazard existed and did not correct it
- Ample time passed in which the possessor could have fixed the problem before the incident occurred